Old stone farm comprising a main house for restoration (around 200 m2), many adjoining outbuildings for restoration, 2 courtyards, a pigeonnier, a ruined bread oven, all situated in a sleepy hamlet at the end of a country lane, and surrounded by around 1.3 hectares of land in the commune of Salignac-Eyvigues, north of Sarlat in the Dordogne.
The Main House (dating from between the 16th and 17th centuries):
On the ground floor:
- large, semi-fitted kitchen with inglenook fireplace, large fitted wooden cupboard, quarry tiled floor and original front door leading to the south-facing courtyard.
- south-facing bedroom with French windows to the front courtyard, wood floor
- a living room with fireplace, south and north-facing windows.
- a large, high ceilinged room with monumental fireplace dating from the 16th century, exposed beams and wood floor
- a bathroom with bath, washbasin and bidet
- separate toilet
- access from the house to the numerous cellars and outbuildings.
On the 1st floor, a south-facing corridor leading to:
- 2 large bedrooms with both south and north-facing windows and wood floors
- 2 smaller bedrooms with north-facing windows and wood floors
- a staircase leading up to the attic area with more convertible space
- a south-facing courtyard enclosed by stone walls and large wrought-iron gates
- a north-facing courtyard enclosed by stone walls and small gate
- to the left of the house, adjoining the house are a number of outbuildings (barns, stables, old workers’ quarters), all in need of restoration although all structurally sound.
- on the west side of the building is a non-attached pigeonnier typical of the region in good condition.
- behind the house on the north side is an old stone bread oven in need of restoration.
Around the buildings are around 1.3 hectares of attached grounds, partially wooded.
A rare find with lots of charm and huge potential, absolute peace and quiet with the possibility of acquiring more land (up to 60 hectares) and a further number of farm outbuildings, all attached to the property.
Facilities: oil-fired central heating, mains water and electricity, non-conform septic tank, rainwater reserve.
Purchase costs and taxes : €22 600 (approximately)